Saturday, September 17, 2005

Classmates


MY classmates.
My schoolmates.
People with whom I hung around at school.
People with whom I stuck together and got suspended for no fault of mine.
People with whom I shared many a vanilla milkshake and Benson-Hedges at Aqua Java with 'We don't need no ejju-kay-shion' playing in the background'.
People with whom I played Counter Strike at Webworld.
People with whom I bunked practicals and peed at The Park an' did the 'hakka' at fests.
And this.
And that.

You were flashy bracelet, seventeen party bag girlfriends barely aware of anything beyond Abhijeet Sawant or Linkin Park's new video.

You were fun for five minutes, and frustrating for more than that.

You are my friend coz I don't know what else to call you without offending you. Acquaintance is too long a word.

You didn't know who Lenin was. That's okay, but then..
You didn't even want to know who Lenin was, coz you wouldn't be given more marks for that, would you? That. Is why I can't respect you.

On the last day of school, we exchanged email addresses, but you never wrote to me and I never wrote to you.

You mean nothing to me, I mean nothing to you, and we shall live happily ever after.

Classmates. Basically that. There's nothing more to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger SheDDeR v. 1.0 said...

@naaru: Thanksez. You are at NUJS?
@kopos: mmm,ok.
@anon: Advertisements,again? *grr*

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home